Important! Please Read Carefully
Please Read Carefully
Gowaan Fest Event Disclaimer & Rules
Event: Gowaan Gals MTB Festival 2021
Date: 3-5th September 2021
Venue: Farmer Johns MTB Park, Marple.
Online Event Registration Form
- Each ticket holder must fill in and submit an OER form prior to entry. For advanced bookings, this will be sent out via email and should be submitted by the 21st August 2021.
- The OER form will be sent to the email address given at the time of purchase. If the booking has multiple tickets, it is the responsibility of the purchaser to forward the OER form to the other ticket holders.
- Riders Under 18 will require the signature of a parent or legal guardian for their OER form.
- Entry to the event will be forbidden if the OER is not completed in full, signed & dated.
- It is the responsibility of the ticket holder to read the event Disclaimer, and by signing the OER form, the participant agrees to the terms in the Disclaimer.
- Participation in the event and activities is at your own risk. By entering the Gowaan Gals MTB Festival event you understand and agree that you participate in the event entirely at your own risk, that you must rely on your own ability in dealing with all hazards and that you must ride in a manner which is safe for yourself and all others. You agree that no liability whatsoever shall be attached to the promoter, promoting club, meeting sponsor(s) in respect of any injury, loss or damage suffered by you in or by reason of the event, however caused.
- The participant understands and is aware of the associated risks involved in Mountain Biking and agrees that Gowaan Gals Ltd, or any other associates are not liable for loss, injury or death caused by the participant.
- The Participant will listen and act on advice given by any event employee or volunteer. Volunteers will be in Hi Viz vests.
- The participant understands they are responsible for making a decision if they are capable, skilled and committed enough to carry out an activity at the festival, and agrees they are responsible for acting on pressure, encourage or persuasion, over the participants skill, capability and commitment.
- The Participant will be fully responsible for any fees or costs incurred or arising from an accident either involving or caused by themselves. This includes, but is not exclusive to, fees from Police, Air Ambulance, Fire and Rescue and the Ambulance service. If the situation arises that The Participant are not capable of making the decision to call the emergency services, and agree that a member of our Team or a member of the public may call on the Participants behalf. In this situation, the participant still accept the costs and consequences of such actions.
- The participant accept full responsibility for any fees or costs incurred or arising from the need for repatriation.
- We strongly recommend each rider organises their own personal insurance cover.
- If the medics advise the race organisers that due to medical reasons a rider should be withdrawn from the event: The rider will have their number board removed and they will be withdrawn from the event. The withdrawn rider will not be eligible for a refund or a transfer.
- If you witness a rider receiving a head impact and suspect the rider may be concussed, please notify the nearest race official or marshal and identify the rider in question.
- If the event organisers believe a rider is not capable to tackle a course or activity they reserve the right to withdraw the rider from the event or activity on grounds of their safety and that of the other riders, spectators and members of the Gowaan Gals Team. The withdrawn rider will not be eligible for a refund or a transfer.
- If a rider feels they are unable to ride the tracks or cycling activities, they may withdraw themselves. The withdrawn participant will not be eligible for a refund or a transfer.
- Under 16 participants must be accompanied by a responsible adult, this can be another 18+ year old participant or spectator, whom of which will be responsible for the Under 16 at all times during the event.
- Under 18 but over 16 participants require a parent or legal guardian to sign their OER form. Such parent or legal guardian take full responsibility for reading and understanding these rules and disclaimer and ensure that the under 18 participant understands these rules and disclaimers.
Rider ticket holders have free access to all activities at the event, with restriction of Under 10s on the Airbag.
- The Airbag is provided and operated by a Third Party, Dirt Factory Ltd, and the participant agrees to follow any instruction by the Third Party operators.
- For all cycling activities, a full face helmet is compulsory. Knee pads, gloves and body armour is highly recommended.
- The participant agrees to wear their full face helmet, fastened correctly, whilst on their bicycle, at all times.
- The participant is responsible for bringing their own full face helmet. There will not be any helmets for hire at the venue.
- Participants understand Mountain Biking is a potentially dangerous activity, while every effort will be made to control and reduce risk at the event there will be an element of personal risk. It is up to you to ensure during the practice time made available that you are capable to completing the course safely. Many technical features will have alternative or “B” lines available, please use these as required.
- The Dual Slalom Race will take place on Saturday 4th September 2021, unless weather permits, and will consist of rounds, and a category winners will be crowned in the form of an elimination. There will be 3 categories: Under 16yrs women, 17-39yrs women, 40+yrs women.
- All participant of the dual slalom Saturday race will be required to complete, at minimum, one practice run of the course.
- Pumptrack will be on a first come first served basis. During busy times, participants time on track will be limited.
- It is the responsibility of the participant to inspect all activities, tracks, courses before attempting to cycle them.
Bike Demo Hire
- I accept FULL RESPONSIBILITY for the care of the equipment while it is in my possession.
- I will be responsible for the replacement , at the full retail value, of any equipment not returned in full working order.
- I have received instruction on the use of my equipment and fully understand its use and function and where it will be ridden.
- I agree to WEAR A HELMET AT ALL TIMES while using the borrowed equipment.
- I agree to hold harmless and indemnify Gowaan Gals Ltd, Ibis Cycles, Inc., 2pure Ltd, Marin Mountain Bikes UK Ltd, Cotic Limited and its owners, agents and employees for any loss or damage, including any that results from claims for personal injury, death, or property damage related to the use of this equipment.
- I understand that there inherent and other associated risks involved in the sport of bicycle riding, for which this equipment is to be used, that injuries are a common and ordinary occurrence of the sport, and I freely, and voluntarily assume those risks. I also understand the increased associated risks with riding a full suspension bicycle, including its enhanced performance and the riders propensity for traveling at increased speed as a result.
- I hereby release from mega liability Gowaan Gals Ltd, Ibis Cycles, Inc., 2pure Ltd, Marin Mountain Bikes UK Ltd, Cotic Limited and its owners, agents and employees from any and all liability for damage and injury or death to myself or to any person or property resulting from the selection, installation, maintenance, adjustment or use of this equipment and for any claim based on negligence, breach of warranty, contract or other legal theory, accepting myself the full responsibility for any such damage, injury or death which may result. In other words, I accept the equipment, as is.
- This agreement is governed by the applicable law of Scotland. If any part of this agreement is determined to be unenforceable, all other parts shall be given full force and effect.
- All participants agree to the above terms when signing the Online Event Registration form.
- A CE authorised full face cycling or motorcycling helmet is compulsory and the responsibility of the participant.
- The new style helmets with removable chin piece are acceptable, please ensure the chin piece is correctly attached as recommended by the manufacturer.
- We reserve the right to refuse access to the event to anyone with inappropriate equipment or clothing or presence.
- The participant is responsible for bring their own bicycle in full working order
- The participant is responsible for all their possessions whilst at the venue. Gowaan Gals Ltd is not liable for any loss or damage to the participants possessions. We strongly advise insurance for equipment, including but not limited to, camping, cycling and valuables.
- It is compulsory for the bicycle to be fitted with two working branches, one on each wheel, and bar end plugs.
- We strongly advise the participant has a professional bicycle shrives before the event.
- The participant is responsible for ensuring their bicycle is fit for purpose. Details of what to expect, the cycling activities and the terrain at the festival can be found on the Festival Tab on www.gowaan.co.uk as well as personal research and enquiries.
Camping & General Event Rules
- Camping refers to staying overnight in either a tent, car, van, motorhome on the Friday 3rd & Saturday 4th September 2021.
- The land owner, John Thorpe, has the final decision on any situation regarding the land, property and venue.
- Camping pitch locations are determined on a first come first served basis. All ticket holders have a camping pitch.
- A pitch is defined as a vehicle or a structure for which one or many persons will reside in over the race weekend.
- You are allowed to park your vehicle next to your camping pitch. Please park where directed, You will be placed in the order of arrival, so if you which to camp together with friends please arrange to arrive together. Any vehicle or tent placed in the roadways and emergency access lanes will be towed or removed and a fine issued to the owner.
- The site speed limit for all vehicles is 5mph.
- Once your vehicles areÂ parked up, that vehicle must only be driven when you are exiting the venue. This is for the safety of everyone attending. Vehicle movement is restricted from 8 pm to 8 am, please see site security in cases of emergency before moving you vehicle
- Noise reduction at 23.00- personal music and generators to be switched off.
- All event attendees agree to be courteous of neighbours to the event venue. This applies to noise, interactions and behaviour in and outside the venue.
- Petrol Generators: Spare fuel must be. The minimum amount required for the event. Stored in a green (unleaded) or red (leaded) petrol storage container with secure closure. Stored in a secure place. Stored out of direct sunlight and ignition sources. A fire extinguisher of the correct type (Powder or CO2) must be provided.
- Consumption of alcohol is permitted for strictly over 18’s. Participants must be prepared to show ID if asked by a member of the Gowaan Team.
- Illegal substances, weapons or explosives are not permitted onsite and will result in immediate action subject to the organisers decision, of which the participant will not be reimbursed for losses.
Glamping Bell Tent Hire:
The hirer agrees to;
- Keep tent doors and windows completely closed and secure when not in use.
- Not to use any lighting, heating, cooking or other gas or electrical appliances of any kind in or near the Tents.
- Not light, or allow to be lit, any fire, candle or other naked flames within or close to the Tents.
- Be responsible for the maintenance and safe custody of the Tent and other Hired Items.
- The Client must be satisfied with the Hired Items before use and should notify the Company of any unacceptable Hired Items on arrival.
- Shall be responsible for and indemnify the company against any loss of or damage to all Hired Items whatsoever the cause.
- AIR BEDS – The Company will not be responsible for any loss of air from the airbeds during the hire period. The airbeds will be fully inflated at the beginning of the hire, but due to factors such as temperature, amount of usage, length of hire, airbeds may lose air and deflate slightly. All airbeds are fitted with a pump, please contact one of the event team who will direct you to an available plus to inflate your bed if required.
Farmer Johns MTB Park Rules
In order to keep the bike park a safe and fun place to ride we have to a few rules which are listed below:
Failure to adhere to the following will result in termination of your day / year pass (depending on the severity of the contravention). The final decision on each rests with the park ownership.
- All riders must sign in prior to entering park and are stongly advised to walk each trail before riding to ensure they have the required skill level to ride it safely.
- All new riders must sign disclaimer before entering park.
- No riders or spectators under the age of 18 are allowed entry to the park without a parent or guardian present to sign their disclaimer.
- No riders under the age of 16 will be permitted to ride without the supervision of a parent or guardian at all times whilst using the park.
- All vehicles to be parked within designated car parking and not on or adjacent residential properties on nearby roads.
- All riders to wear full faced helmets and appropriate protective gear at all times when riding within the park.
- The use of full faced downhill helmets is mandatory; gloves and body armor is strongly recommended. In the event of an accident or injury contact emergency services immediately and then inform park/event management.
- Please take the time to check the track / line before you ride it so as to avoid any nasty shocks / surprises!
- Take all litter home, we are a mountain bike park and not a public landfill site. Cans of monster take many hundreds of year to decay when threw into a bush!
- Strictly no track modifications permitted without prior consent from park management.
- Please respect our local neighbours and keep excessive noise / bad language to a minimum.
- Enjoy yourself!
Tickets, Cancellations & Alterations
- Everyone wishing to attend the event, whether a rider or spectator must purchase an admission ticket in advance by clicking HERE.
- All participant must bring two forms of matching ID, including one form of photo ID (for example, a driving licence and bank card).
- Event entry fees cannot be refunded under any circumstances. Event entry fees can be transferred up until 18th August 2021.
- We reserve the right to cancel any event due to extreme weather conditions. Your entry will be automatically moved to the rescheduled event. No refunds will be issued.
- The Company does not accept liability and shall not be liable for any cancellation, delay or non-completion of an event in the following circumstances: As a result of terrorism, strikes, riots, or lockouts affecting any Trades with which The Company is concerned. As a result of fire, flood, extreme weather conditions or any other cause beyond its control.
- The Company regrets that it cannot be held responsible for inclement weather affecting your attendance of any function.
- The Company cannot assume responsibility for any third party costs incurred associated with travel, accommodation, clothing or any other related goods or services in the event of a cancellation or alteration.
Recordings, Promotions & Data
- By participating in the event, you confirm and agree that we and third parties authorised by us may record you via photographs, film, audio, audio-visual or other recordings, still or moving, during the event (“Recordings”). We shall own all rights in such recordings and you hereby (i) assign to us any and all present and future copyright, performance rights and any other right, title and interest in and to the Recordings and you hereby waive the benefit of any law known as “moral rights”; (ii) agree that we may use the Recordings for any purpose at our sole discretion including in any marketing and/or publicity materials, and on any website and social media; and (iii) agree that the Recordings may be altered, edited and/or modified (e.g. combined with other images, text, graphics and/or sound). You hereby release us from any and all liability from such use and promotion and specifically waive any right to any compensation you may have for appearing in any of the Recordings.
- In the case of competitions, giveaways, and, but not limited to, prizes, the winner or participant agrees to the use of his or her name, photograph and disclosure of county of residence and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests from us relating to any post-winning publicity.
- By attending the Gowaan Gals MTB Festival 2021, the participant agrees to give the required personal data to Gowaan Gals Ltd.
It is the responsibility of the participant to read the most up to date version of the event disclaimer and rules.